Tuesday, March 13, 2007

FESTIVUS 2007!

Greetings from the South by Southwest Film Festival in lovely, overcast Austin, Tejas! So far, I'm two for two on quality movie-going (and about 50 for 50 on quality beer drinking...up north we can't get Shiner Bock, my favoritest beer of them all, so I gotta enjoy it as much as possible while I'm here)!

Right off the plane, I saw the funny, fascinating and tattooed-babe-a-licious noveau roller derby documentary HELL ON WHEELS in a theater PACKED with the very roller derby vixens I was seeing up on the screen. And since the doc told the story of a mini-civil war in the Texas derby community, with the participants all cheering for their respective factions, I can't imagine a better (or scarier) setting to see the film...but I highly recommend it, even if you can't see it surrounded by derby divas.


Then last night was a sneak preview of the new Judd Apatow joint KNOCKED UP, starring Seth Rogen and a bunch of my other imaginary friends from Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared. The movie's at least as funny as The 40-Year-Old Virgin if you, like me, can't get enough Gen-X/stoner/pop culture humor. Plus, Monsieur Rogen was in attendance, along with Martin Starr, Paul Rudd and Loudon Wainright, although they didn't stick around for Q&A 'cuz they had a swanky party to attend.


And coming up tonight: more beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home