Wednesday, February 23, 2005

OSCARS!!!

When I have a little more time, I'd like to say a few words about the good Doctor Gonzo, Mr. Hunter S. Thompson.

But in the meantime, while they're blasting his ashes over Woody Creek, here are my OSCAR PICKS for 2005.

(And by the way, I just realized my comment feature was disabled...so if anyone ever reads this, could you please leave a comment so I know it's working? Thanks.)

BEST PICTURE
Finding Neverland

-- Okay, I admit this was wrongheaded. It looks like it's gonna be Million Dollar Baby, but I thought I heard something about people liking this movie. I figured Aviator was too impersonal, Million Dollar was too grim, Ray was flawed and Sideways was too small, so Finding Neverland would win on schmaltz...but then again, I thought Jolanda was gonna make it to at least the merge on Survivor, so what the hell do I know?

DIRECTOR
Martin Scorcese

ACTOR
Jamie Foxx

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Clive Owen

ACTRESS
Hilary Swank

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Virginia Madsen

ANIMATED FEATURE
The Incredibles

ACHIEVEMENT IN ART DIRECTION
The Phantom of the Opera

CINEMATOGRAPHY
The Aviator

COSTUME
The Aviator

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Born Into Brothels

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
The Children of Leningradsky

EDITING
The Aviator

FOREIGN FILM
The Sea Inside

MAKEUP
The Passion of the Christ

ORIGINAL SCORE
Finding Neverland

ORIGINAL SONG
“Learn To Be Lonely”
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Phantom of the Opera

ANIMATED SHORT
Lorenzo

LIVE SHORT
Little Terrorist

SOUND EDITING
The Incredibles

SOUND MIXING
Ray

VISUAL EFFECTS
Spider Man 2

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Sideways

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Eternal Sunshine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home