Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Shmemmies!

So, here's a new one.

The good news is...I'VE BEEN NOMINATED FOR AN EMMY!

Yes! Really!

Well, okay, to be completely honest, the Discovery Channel game show Cash Cab was nominated for an Emmy (or a Shmemmy, as Kathy Griffin calls the not-ready-for-primetime version of the awards)...but since I was a writer on the nominated season, I actually received an invitation today!

Now for the bad news. THE TICKETS ARE FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!

That's right...I apparently have to PAY for my Emmy ticket. Talk about D-List!

On the plus side, it does come with "cocktails & light supper."

More on this as it develops. Or doesn't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray for you!!! you should go, and remember to bring me back a souvenir cocktail napkin, please.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'd be able to consume enough cocktails and light supper to make back the $400. I have faith in you.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home